Monday, August 18, 2008

Well, it's no Holy Quest.

Yesterday I began a journey. Physical, to be sure, maybe spiritual or some associated hoop-la. Yesterday I left my Louisville home, still trashed from the previous night's celebration, my mother in the driver's seat, for college.

Sunday involved a fair bit of driving, grabbing some pizza and catching a show in Cleveland. People Under The Stairs opened for Flobots. Goddamn, what a good show. Spent most of today driving up to Rochester, with a brief pause to get a new tape adapter at Target and nom-ing at Bob Evans. Fuck if it's for old people, I had a damn good pot roast. Rest of the evening was spent talking/eating with grandparents and secluding myself in front of the computer in the attic.

Tomorrow I get to hang around Rochester for a little bit, then head over to Syracuse to visit Bryan Crandall, my junior/senior year English teacher. Hopefully he'll set my head straight. The next day, a short drive to Alfred University, and who knows what from there.



It's a weird feeling, knowing that it'll be a good three months before I see any of my friends from Louisville again, but I put college off for a year, and it's time. We'll see where this takes me.

No comments: